Today's devotion is pretty straight-forward:
Sometimes its helpful if we don't close our eyes when we worship and pray!
If we keep our eyes open when we worship, here's the fingerprints we see on creation:
- It's big - because the Creator is big
- It's diverse - because the Architect abounds with creativity
- It's powerful - because the Builder is matchless in power
- It's beautiful - because the Maker is love and full of light
When we pray - it's good to keep our eyes open because this is what we will see:
- A tiny edelweiss grown on frozen wind-blasted peak
- A rainbow after the storm
- Flowers in the desert
- A mother protecting her young
- The power of the wind and flood
- The calm of a moonlit night
- The joyful song of the birds
And we recognise that God has made us fragile but tough, that there is hope after heartache, that beauty can arise in the most unexpected circumstances, that we are made to need each other, that brokenness can bring devastation but that weeping remains for a night and that joy comes in the morning.
If creation (the work of His hands) can bear the fingerprints of the Creator and so eloquently reflect life's joys and heartaches then surely the Creator is awesome!
Try worshipping with your eyes open this Sunday!