For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. Colossians2:9-10
Yesterday we looked at the tendency of false teaching that tries to add something to what Christ has done.
Today Paul shows us how ridiculous this is. It is like going to the ocean and thinking that adding a teaspoon of water to it is going to make a difference...
Paul reminds us who Jesus is...
He says that all the FULLNESS of Deity lives in Christ:
- The power that ignited all the stars in the universe
- The artistry of sunrises, quasars and the aurora borealis
- The intricacy of DNA and the vastness of the cosmos
- The holiness that grasped Moses, Isaiah and Elijah
- All power and authority is His and every knee will bow before Him
The fullness of God is wrapped up in the nature and character of Christ.
And He became a human being so that He could make that FULLNESS available to rescue you and me. Because He became like us, we can be with Him.
There is nothing we can do to add to what Jesus has done for us.
He brought His FULLNESS to our emptiness.
What He has done is enough and sufficient!
Let's offer Him our worship and gratitude this weekend!
Theo Groeneveld email@example.com
You can see past EmmDevs at http://emmdev.blogspot.com/