STAY strong and courageous
- No other Gods - this is obvious - when we take our eyes off the one true God we will sink in the brokenness of the world.
- No idols/graven images - The minute we try to draw God or make a statue of Him, we begin to limit Him and shape Him according to our own desires.
- Don't misuse God's name: when we use God's name for our purposes instead of in worship we shipwreck ourselves.
- Remember the Sabbath: Take time to slow down and remember that everything comes from God.
- Honour your parents: It is easy to discard the elderly and when we do this society crumbles.
- Don't murder: Life isn't cheap
- Don't commit adultery: Marriage is a stabilising force for society
- Don't steal: Taking without earning creates a downward spiral that devalues work and human dignity.
- Don't lie: Truth holds society together
- Don't covet: Unbridled ambition and greed destabilises society
This is the path to walk on if we want to be strong and courageous.
|Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua1:6-9)|