Friday, November 28, 2014

EMMDEV 2014-11-28 [Apostle's Creed] Fearfully and Wonderfully MADE.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. Psalms139:14-16

We are not here by accident...
We are not randomly here...
We are not a mistake...

We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
This applies generally in the sense that our bodies and the intricacies of our biology are beautifully designed and engineered. But also specifically in the sense that I am a beautiful combination of body, personality and history and that makes me unusual and special.

I'm not the handsomest (although Brenda disagrees :-) )
I'm not the strongest (although a young Caleb used to disagree)
I'm not the smartest (and my teachers definitely agree!)
But I am perfectly me.

I don't have a serial number or a producer's brand-label. I don't even have a "copyright reserved" label on me - because there just can't be another like me...

God made me.
He carefully designed my DNA and moulded my body.
He chose my parents and my geography.
He laid out a pathway for me, allowing me forks in the road where I could draw closer to Him or wander away from Him.
And He lovingly calls and guides me on the way if I would just let Him.

Every every cell in my body contains DNA that speaks of the miracle of being and the incredible comfort that I am not a random spark generated by some incidental cosmic reaction - I am MADE.

And God doesn't make junk!!!

You can watch a lovely music video by Hawk Nelson about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGwd8ru2TC8

---
--------------------------
Theo Groeneveld theo @ emmanuel.org.za