Tuesday, September 27, 2011

EMMDEV 2011-09-27 [Ephesians] Vertical Beam 4: A Future

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians2:8-10

We are not here by accident and our lives are not random or circumstantial: God has a plan for our lives - this is why He made us and this is why He saved us.

In the original Greek Paul uses an important word for "workmanship" ('poiema') It means we are the work of His hands. We are God's "handiwork." Some translations even translate "We are God's masterpieces."

Not only has God created us as His Masterpieces, but He has also prepared "good works" in advance for us to "do" (the Greek implies a pathway to walk along).

So, each of us is born a masterpiece and God has offered us a pathway to walk along - a destiny. Our choice to sin marred the masterpiece and caused us to lose the path. Jesus offers us GRACE (forgiveness and restoration at His expense) so that we can find the pathway again and become masterpieces again as we follow Christ.

I am not only saved from my past, but I have been saved for a future. There is a life of purpose and meaning that is part of my created DNA. Through Christ, I once again have access to the plans God has for me.

Ultimate joy is doing what I was created to do! When I am forgiven by Christ and draw near to Him, I can reconnect to the big picture purpose for my life. For me personally, I know that the work I do brings a smile to the face of God and contentment to my soul.

YOU are not only saved from your past - YOU are saved for your future! Drawing near to Jesus will allow you to "walk in the pathway" of that great plan. Will you do it?

---
--------------------------
Theo Groeneveld theo@emmanuel.org.za
You can see past EmmDevs at http://emmdev.blogspot.com/