Monday, March 24, 2014

EMMDEV 2014-03-24 [Lent2014] 24.Temptations examined... (Conclusion)

And here's today's one!!! Two in one day! :-)
-------------------------------
Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. Matthew4:11

I'm very comforted by this verse.
There have been times in my life where I have wrestled and grappled. When by God's grace and with the help of His Spirit I've managed to resist and do the right thing, it has often come at great cost.

I have experienced the sense of relief and comfort that follows and I have attributed it to the angels attending.

There are a number of other verses that comfort me when I am tempted:

1. God doesn't tempt me and I can ask for wisdom
James 1:13-14 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
James 1:5 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

2. Jesus prays for me when I am tempted.
Luke 22:31 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

3. God will protect me from overload and He'll provide a way out.
1Cor10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

4. Jesus helps me:
Hebrews 2:18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

I hope these comfort you too!

---
--------------------------
Theo Groeneveld theo@emmanuel.org.za
You can see past EmmDevs at http://emmdev.blogspot.com/