Friday, June 7, 2019

EmmDev 2019-06-07 [Keeping Going...] My God strengthens me


My God strengthens me

(Today's message is short, but focusses on the text which makes it profound....)

As we strive to "Keep Going" we come to the section where David celebrates the way God strengthens him.

In the midst of evil, betrayal and failure God is perfect and flawless. He is a shield and a refuge and if we let Him, He will strengthen us. He will give us what we need to overcome.

Read the passage below and every time you read "me" or "my", insert your name.

Have a blessed weekend!

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
36 You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.      (Psalms18:30-36)