Friday, August 5, 2022

EmmDev 2022-08-05 [Attributes and Names of God] Infinite

Infinite

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen. (Romans11:33-36)
My need for sleep makes me I am deeply aware that my energy is finite.
My lack of answers makes me deeply aware that my knowledge is incomplete.
The brokenness of the world around me reminds me that human goodness isn't nearly enough.

God, on the other hand, is infinite.
His wisdom and knowledge are so vast that you can't use google to search them.
He needs no advisors and has never had to borrow from anyone.

He is the Source of all things ("from Him")
He is the Sustenance of all things ("through Him")
He is the Meaning and Destination of all things ("to Him")

God is Infinite - immeasurable and glorious.
He doesn't need us, but we sure need Him!

And it is our need of Him that brings Paul to this point of praise.
He's been writing to the Romans about the human condition.
That all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.
That we were unable to save ourselves.
But that the infinite God, allowed His Son to become so finite that He died.
And then in the miracle of love, He was able to defeat even death and sin to be our infinite and limitless God.

Do I hear a Hallelujah?!?