Wednesday, August 31, 2022

EmmDev 2022-08-31 [Attributes and Names of God] Omnipresent

Omnipresent

God is able to be present to all of His creation.
David explores the geographical extent of this when he talks about heights and depths and even the far side of the sea.
But then he goes even further:
Can the darkness hide him?

What kind of darkness is he talking about?
Physical darkness, emotional darkness, spiritual darkness?
Is he talking about the darkness of sin?
Will a Holy God go there?

The Good News is that He does!
John chapter one reminds us that Light shone in the darkness.
And darkness could not understand or overcome it.
Jesus came into our broken world.
Into the darkness of our broken systems and broken hearts.
Into the darkness of our failures and rebellion.
Into the darkness of our need.
He came.

And He loved, and He gave and He saved.

HALLELUJAH!

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. (Psalms139:7-12)